The Winds of Fall

Oh winds of fall
How strong you are!
You carry the leaves fallen off the large
unique and royal trees.
For you know,
To make the tree majestic,
You must take away the chains that bind it to it's past
Which are nothing but a burden of a previous spring.

Why then can't you take away my sorrows?
My pain and my longing of hers?
When you know it is a string that strangles me
It suffocates my heart when I am bound by nothing but
the aimless thoughts of what it could have been.

Oh winds of fall
I beg you, make me empty again
So I can flourish once more
But alas, I realize
That's where I differ from the tree.
It sheds its leaves for the leaves do not 
have a part to add to its tale,
While mine begins with a love that has failed.  




Comments

  1. such an achingly great read, Arya !! Glad to be able to read your poems after a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creativity at its peak!! Keep it coming..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the hardest a poem has ever made me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drop By Drop

Memories

A War Not Won