Memories


I remember those days as it was yesterday,
A bag on my back, on a hot summer day,
Five great hours of my life, which I didn't value then,
I wonder when will we meet again?

Friends were family and the classroom our dwelling
From learning to games, it was the best feeling,
The rush for the canteen and a long trip to the washroom,
All are now memories, frozen with gloom.

It was funny to wait for the weekends to arrive,
When it was just Monday and a whole week to thrive,
Substitutions were diamonds, a rare trip to the grounds,
The library was a market for the perfect book to be found.

I never thought I would get such a long vacation,
"It will end" the thought is a soothing temptation,
"All bad things must come to an end" a wise man said,
Old memories will be aside while new memories will be made.




Comments

  1. Just op... really missing those days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...now my keyboard is filled with tears ..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now my house is flooding with tears 😭. Really missing you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Phone is not working now......cause my phone is carrying infinite litres of tears😭😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lit Af
    Miss those day so goddamn much bro
    Keep up the good work
    Didnt read full(sorry) but ive read enough to realise how true this is...
    I hope this shit ends soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me emotional today...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude it's so freaking good. Just no words left . Keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SORRY MATE FORGOT TO COMMENT YESTERDAY. BUT REALLY IT IS ONE OF THE BEST IN ENGLISH LITERATURE. I DARE SAY THAT. KEEP GOING THIS WAY. ALL THE BEST OF LUCK TO YEH. AND REALLY MISSING THOSE DAYS !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drop By Drop

A War Not Won

A Pirate's End