Seven Minutes of Hell

 

Rumbling clouds all across,

An umbrella of uncertainty,

I see the lightning, I hear it now,

In eagerness of pouring down.


I long for the rain but it makes me wait

As the darkness grows darker

I feel something worse is yet to come

When even a Hurricane wouldn’t worry me.


A thunderous boom and there it is

“The soft falling showers” oh not at all,

Hellish showers befall,

To every soothing description you’ve heard of rain

Its nothing like them at all.


No man can walk and vehicles have chosen not to,

I haven’t seen this might of rain

And I can vouch for everyone who’s seeing it,

No one wants to see it again.


It was seven minutes, seven minutes of that terrifying waterfall

After which it subsided to gentleness.

Heavy still, but gentle now

Zeus’ happy now

I jokingly sighed

Another thunderous lightning

And something among the clouds smiled.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drop By Drop

A War Not Won

A Pirate's End