The Lost Coin


Once across the street as I went,
Something shined and I quickly bent,
I saw a ten rupee coin on the road,
Immediately I entered my thinking mode.

The obvious act would be to return it to the police,
But such a small amount who would notice?
Then came the options I could buy from it,
Chips, chocolates or any kinds of sweet.

I gave a little thought to the buying options again,
Should I buy my favourite gel pen?
Standing by the roadside I continued to think,
Gazing at the coin without a blink.

Then came a man who owned the store,
Walking steadily stood before,
Told me happily ''Thank you son'',
Pointed to the coin and said "That is the one",

He told me that he had lost it earlier today,
And couldn't find where the coin did lay,
Thus went the hope of buying from my eye,
I looked at the coin and waved goodbye.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drop By Drop

A War Not Won

A Pirate's End